Imodium Capsules quickly and effectively relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea in adults and children over 12 years. Imodium can be used to treat diarrhoea associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) as well as sudden, short lived attacks (acute diarrhoea). The easy to swallow capsules get to work after just one dose in order to get your body’s rhythm back to normal.
How does Imodium work?
When something upsets the natural balance of nutrients and water absorption in your intestines, your digestive system starts to work too fast. This leads to the frequent passing of loose, watery stools, known as diarrhoea. Contrary to popular belief, Imodium doesn't work by stopping your bowel movements. Instead, it contains an active ingredient called 'loperamide', which works by calming your digestive system down. This helps your digestive system get back to normal, leading to firmer stools. By restoring this delicate balance, you can feel better sooner and have the confidence to get on with your day.
2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride and Lactose
- Adults and children over 12 years of age should take 2 capsules initially, followed if required, by 1 capsule after every further loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 8 capsules per day.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 24 hours, consult your doctor.
Diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- If your doctor has diagnosed you with IBS, take 2 capsules to control an episode of diarrhoea.
- Further episodes may be controlled by taking 1 or 2 capsules according to severity, up to a maximum of 8 capsules per day.
- If your symptoms change or your acute symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks, consult your doctor.
- Not recommended for under 12 years of age.
- Imodium is not a substitute for re-hydration therapy.
- Please read the leaflet enclosed before use.
- Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
Side effects with Imodium are rare but should you experience any side effects report to your doctor or pharmacist.